Michael Anthony Code

Funeral services for Michael Anthony Code, 50, were held on Tuesday, June 16, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. at Ricks-Bowers Funeral Home in Jewett. Dr. James Simpson officiated.
Interment followed the services at the Code’s Restland Cemetery.
He passed away suddenly on Friday, June 12, 2020, in Houston.
Michael was born on January 15, 1970 in San Antonio, Texas. He graduated from Leon High School with the class of 1988 and received his B. S. Degree from Sam Houston State University in 1992. Michael continued his education by earning his M.S. Degree from Our Lady of the Lake College in San Antonio in 2002. His work history includes time with the Texas Employment Commission in Palestine, Student Recruiter for Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Education Director for Texas A&M in Galveston, Dean of Enrollment Management for North Harris College in Houston, Director of Special Needs for ECI Health Agency in Houston, and, for the past ten and a half years, Director of Student Services for UTI Technical College in Houston.
Michael was preceded in death by his maternal and paternal grandparents, and his younger brother, Kevin Todd Code in 1997.
Left behind to cherish his memory and to mourn his passing are his parents, Willie & Lillie Code of Jewett; the love of his life, his loving daughter, Madison Alexis Code of Conroe; his dog, Wuffy and four cats. He also leaves behind numerous cousins and other relatives; a special “Sister”, Rachel Gonzales Eberly of Houston; great friends; wonderful trusting neighbors of Sugar Pines in Houston; and co-workers at UTI.
Michael was a very giving and kind person who the family will miss beyond words. He loved animals and being outside in the country. Most of all, he enjoyed his weekends with his daughter, Madison.
The family wishes to thank the many friends, cousins, neighbors, and co-workers for their love, kindness, thoughts and prayers during their special time of need. A special thanks to Dr. James Simpson and Gayle for all that they have done. The family is very grateful and appreciative for all that you have done.
Please visit our website at www.bowersfuneralhome.net to sign the memorial guestbook or leave a message for the family.
Services were under the direction of Ricks-Bowers Funeral Home, 814 Main Street, Jewett, Texas 75846.

6 Comments

1. IRENE JACKSON on June 15, 2020 at 3:22 pm

May you find comfort during this time as God strengthens your heart with His love and peace. May God,’s promises comfort you and sustain you. May His steadfast love be your strength and your hope. MAY BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES BRING YOU COMFORT AND PEACE!!

2. Ora W Scott on June 17, 2020 at 2:40 pm

To Lillie, Willie, Madison

Again My deepest sympathy to the entire Code family We pray God will give you peace only HE can give you moving forward.

Be blessed
    Ora Scott

3. MILLIE PATTUM on June 18, 2020 at 10:50 pm

To my classmate and family you all are in my prayers,my encourageing words are to trust GOD and he will get you through any circumstances, situations, just trust him read Proverbs 3:5,6, and psalms 121 (He did it for me and he will do the same for you and your family. ) Be Bless Millie B.

4. Sylvia Ann Bivins on July 22, 2020 at 4:06 pm

My precious family in Christ, our deepest sympathy and love for you, now loosing both sons. Lifting you in prayers. May the Holy Spirit comfort you. Your sons served others, GOD, neighbors, always reaching for ways to help. You can be happy tat they followed their Christisn upbringing. Your Michael passed June12, & my Michael passed July 12,2020.See kleinfuneralhome.com,Tomball,M..Ashworth.

5. Sylvia Ann Bivins on July 22, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Andrea Nicole& Kevin David send sincere sympathy to Lilly&Will Code in the loss of Michael Anthony. He gave so much to others in need. His heart was full of love for Madison. We sure enjoyed his smile,& family Christmas card photo each year.GOD bless your family.

6. Lea Hortin on July 29, 2020 at 11:31 pm

I’m completely devastated to find out that Michael is gone. I knew something was wrong. I’ve been trying to reach Michael for over a month. I wasn’t hearing anything back from him. I was very concerned and that wasn’t like him to not respond back to me. We had talked many times of visiting each other in the future. Since I’m in Nebraska, I was hoping to make it to Texas to visit him and meet Madison too. I told him that I would love to go to Jewett sometime to see the family homestead in person. Then Covid hit and postponed everything indefinitely for everyone. I honestly can’t believe that Michael is gone. I remember years ago when Kevin passed away. I’ve known Michael since the Summer of 1993. Some people thought that we were dating because we were always together. Even though we weren’t dating, we were very close. We were always together. I always loved Michael’s sense of humor. He always knew how to make me laugh. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. I will miss all of the photos and videos that Michael would send to me. I have and always will hold a very special in my heart for Michael. He was truly one of a kind! I will treasure all of the wonderful memories that I have of him. I’m truly very sorry for your loss! Lea